The Sentinel offers nonprofits and other community organizations the opportunity to advertise upcoming events on the community calendar three days prior to the event, free of charge. Events that require registration can be advertised up to two weeks before the registration deadline.
Events that require a purchase from a for-profit organization are not eligible for the calendar, even if a donation is made to the organization.
Email articles at least one in advance to email@example.com; Call (717) 248-6741; online, Virtual Newsroom at www.lewistownsentinel.com; or by mail or drop off at The Sentinel, 352 Sixth St., PO Box 588 Lewistown, PA 17044. The publisher reserves the right to edit all submissions.
You must provide a phone number for verification purposes. The phone number may not be published unless otherwise stated.
• Chef’s Salad Sale – Pine Glen Church of the Brethren drive-thru sale; Cost $10, pickup is on August 19th between 11:30am and 1:00pm. Order by calling Pam Mattern (717) 899-7528, Betty Ann Maxwell (717) 242-0501, or Kathy Stimely (717) 994-1223; Leave a message if no reply. Made with roast chicken and baked ham with homemade sweet and sour, Italian, or ranch dressing. Last day to order is August 14th.
Friday 5 August
• Free backpacks and school supplies – 6-7:30pm at Haldeman Park in Thompsontown. For kindergarten to 12th grade. The students must be present. The offer is limited. Complimentary hot dogs and face painting.
• Carnival of the Municipality of Fayette – Entertainment: Bella Donna. For more information: www.fayettecommunitycarnival.com.
Saturday August 6th
• Coffee With Friends – 9am-12pm at Lack-Tuscarora EMS, 9320 South Route 75, East Waterford.
• Graceful Soles Shoe Bank – 9am-12pm, Grace United Methodist Church, 101 Logan St., Lewistown. Children up to the age of 18 receive a pair of shoes free of charge if they can prove that they have a low income through medical assistance. Parents or legal guardians must accompany the child.
• Keystone State Muscle Cars/PA Modern Mopars Open Cruise in – 5-8pm at the Londonderry Restaurant, 47 Auto Auction Circle, Reedsville.
• Fayette Community Carnival – Entertainment: Nottingham Four. Car Show, 10am-2pm Parade, 4pm Chicken Barbecue. For more information: www.fayettecommunitycarnival.com
Sunday 7 August
• Meeting between Captain Jack and Mount Union Area High School – 6:00 pm at Downtown OIP.
• Free Concert – Nashville recording artist Dale Keller performs at 6:00pm at Westminster United Presbyterian Church in Mifflintown. From 4:30 p.m., three food trucks will be available to buy various groceries. Bring a chair or blanket. rain or shine. For more information: Jill Steward at (717) 436-2712.
Monday, August 8th
• School Bag Sale – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at Sacred Heart Thrift Shop, 4 N. Dorcas St. Shoes and clothing, $5 per bag.
• Lunch for the 1954 Chief Logan Class – 11:40 am at the Bel-Vue Inn. All course participants and guests are welcome. For more information: (570) 522-0944.
Upcoming meetings, including missing classmate requests, will be posted as part of the calendar. Brief reports of meetings and reunion photos with the identified individuals in the order of their appearance will be accepted for publication in the Life section.
• Chief Logan High School Class of 1987 35th years – August 5 6pm-9pm at the Hungry Run Distillery, Ridens Road and August 6 6pm-9pm at The Bus, Logan Boulevard. Participation is free, but donations are welcome.
• Lewistown Granville High School Class Reunion of 1970 50th (+2) – August 13 from 6pm to 11pm at the Rec Park Community Center. The registration form can be found online at https://www.facebook.com/LGHS50th/ or call (717) 347-8223.
• Lynch, Pannebaker, Smith, Stewart Family Reunion – Greenwood Furnace Pavilion 3 at 1:00 p.m. on August 7th.
• Mellinger Family Reunion – August 13 at the Kish Park Green Pavilion. Eating at noon. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and bottled water provided; Please bring a covered dish to share. There will be an auction and games.
• Chief Logan High School Class of 1972 50th Class Reunion – August 13 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm at Lewistown Country Club. Classmates and guests welcome. $18 per person. For reservations call Tim or Patty Yearick at (717) 667-2076.
• Lewistown High School Class of 1955 65th Class Reunion – 1-5pm Sunday 21st August at Birch Hill Events in Burnham. For reservations, call Mary at (717) 248-8871.
• Descendants of Samuel and Mary Krepps – August 21st at the Green Pavilion in Kish Park. Dinner at 12:30 p.m
• Lewistown Specialty Yarn Reunion – August 27th at the Green Pavilion in Kish Park. For more information: (717) 543-6093 after 10 p.m
• 1967 Kishacoquillas Class Reunion – 27 August, Milroy Fire Station. Doors open at 5pm Dinner at 6pm Classmates and guests welcome. Call Dale (Butch) Treaster to reserve a $30 meal at (717) 667-2157.
• Headings Family Reunion – August 28th at the Green Pavilion in Kish Park. Dinner at 12:30 p.m
• Reunion of the Kishacoquillas Class of 1970 (+2) – 5pm to 9pm on September 3rd at Brookmere Winery, Belleville. For information, contact Jane Garber at (717) 940-0037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 78th Annual Edward S. and Amelia M. Wagner Reunion – Noon, September 3, Kishacoquillas Park at the Bumper Car/Yellow Pavilion. Bring your family, a covered dish, and an auction item.
• Lewistown High School Class of 1958 64th Reunion – 1:00 p.m. on September 17 at the Kish Park Green Pavillion. Meal at 3:00 p.m. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and place settings are provided. Fill out your reservation form and indicate the covered dish or other items you are bringing to share. If you are unable to attend, please submit your reservation form to update your contact information. Information: Theresa Schaaf at (717) 667-2389.
• Stewart and Emma (Arnold) Wagner Family Reunion – Sunday, October 2nd at The Annsfield, Route 35, Mifflintown. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Chief Logan Class of 1958 – Meets at 4pm on October 8th at the Belleville Store or Tom and Ann McNabb’s Store on the corner of Belleville. For overnight stays, call (717) 935-2390. Dinner is served at 18:00. Call Nellie Wilson, (717) 953-9288 by September 26th with the number of attendees.